Internet traffic measurements, BigData analytics, Mobile systems
Dr. Alessandro Finamore is a Research Associate at Telefonica Research.He received his PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Politecnico di Torino in 2012. Before joining Telefonica I+D he was working at Politecnico di Torino as post-doc, working in the area of Internet traffic measurements. In particular, he is one of the developer of Tstat, an open source network passive monitoring developed by the Telecommunication Network Group of Politecnico di Torino and currently deployed in real ISPs network.
His research interests line in the area of Internet traffic analysis, mobile systems, CDNs services, BigData frameworks, user quality of experience and mobility. In particular, Alessandro's current work focuses on empowering network traffic BigData analytics for mobile network planning and users quality of experience optimization.
- Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA), since 2012
- TRaffic Analysis and Characterization (TRAC), since 2013
Alessandro Finamore's publications:
- "Is The Web HTTP/2 Yet? ", Matteo Varvello , Kyle Schomp , David Naylor , Jeremy Blackburn , Alessandro Finamore , Konstantina Papagiannaki .
Passive and Active Measurements (PAM '16), Mar 16
- "A Study of the Impact of DNS Resolvers on Performance Using a Causal Approach ", Hadrien Hours , Ernst Biersack , Patrick Loiseau , Alessandro Finamore , Marco Mellia .
ITC, September 2015, Sep 15
- "Impact of Carrier-Grade NAT on Web Browsing ", Enrico Bocchi , Ali Safari Khatouni , Stefano Traverso , Alessandro Finamore , Valeria Di Gennaro , Marco Mellia , Maurizio Munafò , Dario Rossi .
TRaffic Analysis and Characterization Workshop (TRAC 2015) == Best Paper Award ==, May 15
- "Macroscopic View of Malware in Home Networks ", Alessandro Finamore , Sabyasachi Saha , Gaspar Modelo-Howard , Sung-Ju Lee , Enrico Bocchi , Luigi Grimaudo , Marco Mellia , Elena Baralis .
IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), Jan 15
- "The Cost of the "S" in HTTPS ", David Naylor , Alessandro Finamore , Ilias Leontiadis , Yan Grunenberger , Marco Mellia , Maurizio M. Munafò , Dina Papagiannaki , Peter Steenkiste. .
ACM CoNEXT, Dec 14
- "Large-Scale Network Traffic Monitoring with DBStream, a System for Rolling Big Data Analysis ", Arian Bar , Alessandro Finamore , Pedro Casas , Luckasz Golab , Marco Mellia .
IEEE Big Data, Oct 14
- "Who to Blame when YouTube is not Working? Detecting Anomalies in CDN-Provisioned Services, ", Alessandro D'Alconzo , Pedro Casas , Pierdomenico Fiadino , Arian Bar , Alessandro Finamore .
TRaffic Analysis and Characterization Workshop (TRAC), Aug 14
- "Is there a case for mobile phone content pre-staging? ", Alessandro Finamore , Marco Mellia , Zafar Gilani , Dina Papagiannaki , Vijay Erramilli , Yan Grunenberger .
CoNEXT, Santa Barbara, California, USA, Sep 13
- "When assistance becomes dependence: characterizing the costs and inefficiencies of A-GPS ", Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez , Jon Crowcroft , Alessandro Finamore , Yan Grunenberger , Dina Papagiannaki .
ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review, volume 17, issue 4, pages 3-14, Jan 13
- "YouTube Everywhere: Impact of Device and Infrastructure Synergies on User Experience ", Alessandro Finamore , Marco Mellia , Maurizio M. Munafò , Ruben Torres , Sanjay Rao . Nov 11